Sunday, July 9, 2023

Mixed Media Art: Queen Bee Keeper

Good day to you my friends and family! <3
I just had to share my latest piece with you all.... She's an amazing

I completed her last week but only added her to my shop today. I have her design on everything from wall prints, stickers, kitchen aprons, shirts, dresses, pillows and more! Don't forget to check out my other art while you're there. I always appreciate the support. My main motivation when I created this piece was raising awareness on saving the bees. How can you help save the bees you ask? Read more here: https://thebeeconservancy.org/10-ways-to-save-the-bees/
We can all do our part to save the bees and our beautiful planet.
I am a flower addict. One of my favorite flowers are sunflowers.

Sunflowers first originated around 1000 BC in the Americas, mainly in what is now known as Arizona and New Mexico, and had a huge variety of uses! They were first cultivated as a food source, with early Americans using the seeds to crush into flour for bread. The seeds were also eaten as a quick snack or mixed in with other oats and grains to make a type of granola. Yum!

But, sunflowers weren’t just used for food. When the American’s discovered how to extract the oil for cooking, they also started using it for their skin and hair too as it’s packed full of healthy vitamins. And the stalk would often be used as a building material. What an amazing flower right?!

Sunflowers grew super popular around Europe, Russia and Ukraine in the 1700s as the Russian Orthodox Church banned all foods that contained oil during Lent. Except sunflowers. As sunflower oil was permitted people became obsessed with the flower and by the early 19th century Russian farmers had grown over 2 million acres of sunflowers!
 The sunflower plant offers additional benefits besides beauty. Sunflower oil is suggested to possess anti-inflammatory properties. It contains linoleic acid which can convert to arachidonic acid. Both are fatty acids and can help reduce water loss and repair the skin barrier.


Sunflowers symbolise loyalty, adoration thanks to the myth of Clytie and Apollo. And, because of their association with the sun, sunflowers are well-known for being a happy flower and the perfect bloom for a summer flower delivery to brighten someone’s mood!

But, they actually have different meanings across cultures. In China, sunflowers symbolise long life, vitality and good luck. And to Native Americans sunflowers symbolised harvest and provision. Basically no matter where you are, sunflowers are a positive flower that brings joy to many!

Information sourced from HERE.




Starting tomorrow my schedule changes a bit. You'll still see me making weekly updates and sharing my latest artworks, fab products, and my style and beauty looks as well!


Until very, very soon...

Stay Safe & Stay Blessed

((( <3 <3 <3 )))


XOXO

Maria De Jesus Berry


No comments:

Post a Comment